PE and Sports Premium
PE and Sports Premium 2019 2020
Sports Premium Funding: Robert Bakewell Primary School
Each year the school receives funding from the government to promote and develop sports and a healthy lifestyle at school.
Last year (2016-17) we received £9225 and this is how we spent our money:
- Mr Willbond was employed and trained as a sports apprentice throughout the year. He worked with staff developing skills in PE and team teaching sessions together.
- 1 ME sports coach was employed to develop sports and active play at lunchtimes.
- After school clubs provided by staff, ME sports coaches and visiting coaches (tennis coaches).
- Robert Bakewell affiliated to Team Charnwood for the 3rd year which included CPD for staff, we increased participation in sports competitions at Charnwood College and local tournaments (winning the football, Sportsability and taking part in many more events). Transport and subs were paid for to support this.
- Cyber-smart online sports coach was bought to increase activity during the day. This was also accessible for children and parents at home. As valued customers the offer was for 3 years for the same price.
This year we hope to recieve double this amount due to government changes to approximately £18,450 and this is how we are spending our money:
- To employ Mr Willbond for 4 days a week to provide Big Moves (Yr1), team teach during PE lessons providing high quality PE, focused active sessions with reception (outdoor learning) and high quality lunchtime sports activities.
- To employ 1 ME sports coach at lunch time to increase focused activity on a Monday. They will then provide a free afternoon of team teaching with 1/2 classes before providing an after school club.
- A variety of after school clubs with ME sports coaches.
- Affiliation to Team Charnwood which includes CPD for staff, entry to competitions and tournaments.
- Transport and subs for competitions and events if necessary (larger groups for festivals and School Games).
- Purchase new schemes of work in line with the new curriculum for Gym and Dance.
- Purchase new equipment to replace and upgrade current equipment.
- Purchase storage containers and bags to keep equipment organised, easily accessible and support the delivery of high quality PE lessons.