World Book Day 2019
2L looked brilliant today. We all had great fun dressing up as our favourite book characters.
Throughout the day, we did many activities all based around books. We learnt about why World Book Day is celebrated, made bookmarks, wrote a book review and shared stories with each other and with the children in 5P. It was lovely to see the children having so much fun and most importantly, sharing their love for books. Keep up the reading team
We made the most of the February sunshine and took our art work outside, some of us even enjoyed a game too! The prints we made from leaves were beautiful.
Hello! This year seems to be flying by already, but we're excited to say welcome back to Spring 2 :) We hope you had a lovely half term.
This half term our new topic is 'Castles and Dragons' which we're SO excited about.
Thanks for all your payments to Warwick Castle, we can't wait to go on our school trip.
Just a quick reminder-
- Please read with your child each night. There are still prizes being given to those children who read at home regularly.
- P.E kits must be in school on Wednesdays and Thursdays. These are the days we do P.E. No earrings for P.E please.
- Spellings go out on Friday, ready for a test on Thursday.
As always, if you've got any questions please don't hesitate to come and talk to me.
Thank you for your support and here's to another great half term!
2L enjoyed learning about the story behind 'Valentines Day' and making beautiful cards and gifts for their loved ones.
This week we have launched our new topic which is SURVIVAL.
We have got great things planned for the children and are looking forward to an exciting term.
Survival Topic Map
Hello and a massive HAPPY NEW YEAR! We hope you have had a wonderful break over the Christmas holiday.
Thank you again for the Christmas play costumes. All the children looked fantastic and we really appreciated your support. They worked so hard on the 'Starlight' production and it definitely paid off :)
Just a little reminder of the following things-
- Please ensure the children are reading at home daily and getting their diaries signed. There are still prizes for those children who read at home regularly!
- Reading books can be changed daily, the children just need to ask to do this.
- Homework- Choose 3 for the half term and colour when you have done them.
-P.E lessons continue to be on a Wednesday and a Thursday (please have an indoor and outdoor kit as we will be outside as much as possible).
- Check the window for any messages.
- Ask me anything at the end of the day if you have a worry or concern.
-Please remember it's a very important year for us in year 2. We have SATs in May but we try to make sure that the children don't know. We ask that you don't book any holidays in term time.
Our poppies, each one is different. On the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month, we will remember them.
Look at our beautiful reading area. We love chilling out with our favourite books.
What is our new topic-Autumn 2
We love to dance to Go Noodle in the mornings.
Please see attached our shelters overview mind map and our Autumn 1 newsletter and homework :)