Aims and Values
We learn, we care, we achieve together.
Our aims and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The Ethos and Values of Robert Bakewell Primary School
Our vision is of a school where there are expectations of excellence, where individuals are happy and valued, achievements
are celebrated and where children are safe.
We aim to be a school respected and loved by pupils,
staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
We want pupils and staff to enjoy coming to school
and to take pride in their school.
We are committed to maximising pupil achievement and development.
We commit to the British values outlined by the government for schools: Democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our children will:
- Be happy and secure;
- Achieve the very best that they can;
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated to learn;
- Show a positive attitude and good behaviour;
- Be individuals;
- Develop key skills;
- Become well-rounded citizens of the 21st century.
We want to create a school where:
- There is a positive ethos, confidence and optimism;
- There is a culture of inclusion, enabling the participation and involvement of all;
- There are caring relationships where children and adults are valued as individuals;
- Diversity is celebrated and respected and we challenge stereotypes;
- We value fairness, honesty and integrity;
- We value learning and development of pupils, staff and volunteers;
- We learn from each other, making every effort to disseminate good ideas and practice.